KNX Power supply 1280 mA with integrated choke
The 1280 mA KNX power supply generates the KNX system voltage.
It has one non-choked and one choked output each. The non-choked output can be used for the supply of another line or for function devices such as displays which require an auxiliary voltage. Any desired load distribution (choked or unchoked) is possible, however the total nominal current of 1280 mA may not be exceeded in the process.
The outputs are equipped with a shared overload or short-circuit protection.
The power supply unit possess a potential free relay output as a signalling contact for operating or diagnostic messages. This contact is closed in normal operation and opened when device operation is faulty (overload, over voltage, voltage failure).
Only one power supply can be connected per line. The high rating of the power supply is for KNX lines with devices drawing substantial more from the bus than normal or if the auxiliary output is being used to power higher current devices. The KNX limit of 64 devices per line segment still applies unless TPI256 devices are being used although these are not currently available in the general market.
- Primary rated voltage: AC 180 V to 264 V, 50/60 Hz DC 240 V to 250 V
- Secondary rated current: 1280 mA (max load on all outputs)
KNX Choked Output
- Bus Output Voltage: 28-31 VDC SELV
- KNX Medium: TP256
- Short Circuit Current: Max 3A
- Output Voltage: 30VDC
- Switching Voltage: 12 - 230 VAC/ 2 - 30 VDC
- Switching Current: 5 mA - 2A
- KNX Terminal (no data rail required)
- Load via screw terminals: 0.5 to 4 mm2
- Protection type: IP 20