KNX Power supply 640 mA with integrated choke
The 640 mA power supply generates the KNX Bus voltage.
It has one non-choked and one choked output. The non-choked output can be used for the supply of another line or for function devices (e.g. SmartSensor) which require an auxiliary voltage. Any desired load distribution (choked or unchoked) is possible, however the total nominal current of 640 mA may not be exceeded in the process.
The outputs are equipped with a shared overload or short-circuit protection. Connection is made via standard KNX red and black bus connectors.
The power supply unit possess a potential free relay output as a signalling contact for operating or diagnostic messages. This contact is closed in normal operation and opened when device operation is faulty (overload, over voltage, voltage failure).
A maximum of two identical power supply units (of the same manufacturer and device type) can be connected in parallel in a bus line to increase the rated current. Here, it is not necessary to have a 200 m bus line between the power supply units. This is useful for lines with more devices than can be supplied or as a fail safe.
- Primary rated voltage: AC 180 V to 264 V, 50/60 Hz DC 240 V to 250 V
- Secondary rated current: 640 mA (max load on all outputs)
KNX Choked Output
- Bus Output Voltage: 28-31 VDC SELV
- KNX Medium: TP256
- Short Circuit Current: Max 1.5A
- Output Voltage: 30VDC
- Switching Voltage: 12 - 230 VAC/ 2 - 30 VDC
- Switching Current: 5 mA - 2A
- KNX Terminal (no data rail required)
- Load via screw terminals: 0.5 to 4 mm2
- Protection type: IP 20