CLEARANCE ITEM - N141/03 KNX Dali Gateway
This KNX/DALI Gateway supports up to 64 DALI actuators (e.g. ECG with DALI interface) and additional DALI sensors (e.g. DALI key interface, presence detectors, etc.) can be connected per channel.
DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) is a bidirectional communications interface to IEC 62386, whose specification was chosen by manufacturers for electronic ballasts. It not only receives, for example, switching and dimming commands, but also transmits status information such as failure of an illuminant or reporting of a detected error in the ballast. The KNX/DALI Gateways enable communication with up to 64 DALI actuators per channel. These can be connected and dimmed in groups. They also make it possible to record and transfer DALI status and error messages. An individual name, a group, parameter and scenes are assigned to individual DALI ECG during commissioning with the ETS (Engineering Tool Software). DALI sensors are also assigned to groups in the ETS (for this, go to the application program description).
The integrated power supply unit supplies the gateway electronics and generates the DALI bus voltage. It facilitates operation of the gateway and direct switching and dimming of all DALI ECG's controlled via the DALI interface, even if the gateway has still not been operated with the ETS or if communication via KNX is interrupted. For this, the devices have a key (figure 2, A3) on the front to
disable or enable "Direct Mode". If the key is first held down, then the display (A5) indicates direct mode by "d". Then, all lights are switched on/off (tap the key) or dimmed (hold the key down) together by the key pair (A7 and A8) and controlled by the DALI bus line via the respective channel A or B. The LED (A4) indicates the switched status of the connected lights. If the "Direct Mode" key is held down for a second time, then the "d" in the display goes out and the Gateway is again in bus
mode [display b] or in standalone mode, if KNX communication is unavailable.
The devices have a voltage detector during initialisation, which detects whether a voltage has been applied to the DALI terminals incorrectly.
The DALI power supply feeds both ECG and sensors; verify that the maximum permissible current drain by all connected DALI devices is not exceeded.
- KNX bus voltage: carried out via the bus line
- KNX bus current: 5 mA
- Electronics and DALI interface:
- Integrated power supply for
- AC 110-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- DC 120-240V
- Power consumption: max. 11 W (N 141/31 -/21)
- max. 6W (N 141/03)
- Mains connection: 3-pole ( E, N, L)
- DALI interface (according to IEC 60929):
- max. 64 DALI devices per channel (each max. 2 mA) with > 8 kOhm input impedance
- max. amount of sensors per channel depends on the current consumption of the sensors (type 10 with 6mA each)
- DALI power supply per channel: approx. DC 19 V, floating, short-circuit-proofmax. current: Imax = 250 mA, max. guaranteed current: Inmax = 190 mA
- DALI cable length for cooper at 25°C:
- 2.5 mm2 - max. 300 m
- 1.5 mm2 - max. 300 m
- 1.0 mm2 - max. 224 m
- 0.75 mm - 2max. 168 m
- 0.5 mm2 - max. 112 m
- Loop resistance max 10 Ohm